Friday, February 01, 2008

New Projects and Old Grievances

I'm working on the reversible cabled scarf. I'm using yarn my friend Amanda gave me and I absolutely love it! I love purple, and heathered variagated purple is even better!

Jamie is growing so fast! He's using his hands to grasp shirts for several days and tonight he actually reached for and grabbed a toy on his new bouncy seat. I think he reached for a toy on the mobile of his swing a couple of days ago, but it was too far away. We also decided to start the weaning process because I've had some problems with milk supply and I'm a bit tired of being unable to be away from Jamie for more than 3 seconds (only a slight exaggeration). However, I stopped using the nipple guard, and now my milk supply is much improved. Also, Jamie latches on very well now, which he didn't for several weeks, which is why I was using the nipple shield. So just as we decide to wean him, breastfeeding gets easier. I still want to mostly wean him to get a little more freedom, but I'll try to do partial breastfeeding for a while.

In other recovery news, my incision opened up at one end. It's okay really, but I'm a little exasperated. I'm feeling much better, but the lingering soreness and now this complication are wearing on me. There is a lot that's going right, but I have problems with patience.

I'm working on research for my candidacy exam, and I'm stressing out about passing it. I'm sure I will, but until it's a done deal I'm going to be obsessive and paranoid. It's my nature.

No comments: