Monday, May 11, 2009

Fellowships and the New Pregnancy

Michael and I applied for the same fellowship program and we were both accepted! So now we have a raise and I don't have to TA anymore. It's renewable after a year, as well. They didn't mind that I'm due to deliver in mid June, which was great. The summer is when there are most of the teaching duties, and that's where we have to work out logistics of taking care of Jamie and Renna (the new baby - a girl). It looks like with Mama and Michael's parents and sisters, we'll have child care covered for all 7 weeks if plan A doesn't work out. And actually, Michael's duties may end before mine, so then there'd be no conflict. :)

I had my committee meeting a week and a half ago, and they liked my thesis plan. It looks like I'll probably be able to graduate next fall. :)

I'm still working on the Betelgeuse paper, but that's really almost done. I'll be so glad to see the back end of this project!

1 comment:

Dr. Sanders said...

Congratulations to both of you!