Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Day Gets Better, and If Mama had Another Daughter

So, I was woken up by a phone call from my LLNL advisor. No one could get a hold of me yesterday to release my timecard. *Sigh* Then I tried to go buy my new bus pass. I was two dollars short of having the cash. But the lady at the counter said they take checks. I write out the check, and hand her my driver's license. She says they can't take out of state driver's licenses. I told her I don't have one. "You don't have one?", she asked incredulously. So I explained I was only here three months a year to work at the lab. Talking behind the glass. Then she says to me again, "We really need a California driver's license to put here," and she gestures to a part of the check. My reply was that I didn't have one (still). More talking. "I'm sorry, we really need a California driver's license." More talking. I'm waiting for her to hand me the check back. Finally she says they can't take a check with out a California driver's license, and hands me back the check. I say okay, and ask her to break a five so I can take the bus to work. And then I had to wait a half hour for the bus. So I walked a half hour to not get what I needed, then had to wait a half hour for the bus I couldn't get a pass for. *Sigh* Some things just don't work out smoothly.

Then I get to work. I work my butt off, and things are going okay, except that I keep trying to fall asleep. It is so hard to stay awake in that place while the screen flies by me at a hundred miles an hour. Any way, I have things working, other things beginning to be in the works. So it was fruitful, and frustrating. Whatever. I'll keep on it.

On the bus ride home, I ran into Dave. I hadn't seen him since the party bus. We chatted a bit, which was nice. He seems like a nice guy. We're going to do something before he leaves next week.

Then I remembered that the bbq at Scott and JC's was today. I went over and we had another nice bbq. They always have a nice get together. They're nice guys, too. We all sat around telling stories and chatting about anything and nothing. It was a very good end to a rather roughly starting day. :)

Then I got to chat with Toni about boys, faith, mysticism, religion, blogs, and saints. It's always nice to talk to her. We're so much alike. She tells me what I need to hear, and I tell her stuff, and hope it helps. I think Mama should adopt her. :) I always wanted a sister. That would be awesome. I told Mama that she should be in our family, and she agreed. She said that Toni is the daughter she had with the ambassador's aide she once made out with. Okay, the dates don't work out, but it would explain the ethnic diversity of her children. And she did say he was cute. ;)

I got a package from Mama yesterday. She sent some candy and a movie and a really cute outfit. The pants fit just right, and I wore it today. I'm so cute! The shirt I need to shrink and tie up the straps to lift it up a bit. I don't really need the girls shown off that much. ;) I watched the movie last night. It was so funny. The British are so weird. Shaun of the Dead is a really funny spoof of Dawn of the Dead. I really liked it. I think if you hadn't seen Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead would seem gruesome and strange, as Mama put it. But I'd seen it and this was soooo funny! And it had a happy ending, unlike Dawn. Ah, well.

1 comment:

Saria_Gates said...

Thanks for accepting me as a part of your family. :) And I'm glad that I helped you. I wasn't sure if I'd had. I really enjoy talking to you, too. And you always help me out and tell me what I need to hear. Okay, I'm signing off before this gets gushy. ;)