Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wedding Day

The wedding was awesome! It was perfect. I wasn't nervous at all. I was so excited and so happy. The Fiance was nervous, and wanted to "get it over with, without the wedding blowing up". He marched us down the aisle double time, and our processional hadn't started until we were halfway down to the alter. I told him to slow down, and he did for one step. So then I said, "Slow down, slow down, slow down", while pulling on him a little to try to slow him down. Some of the guests heard and laughed. It was funny. :) The priest, Fr. Tom, saved us by meeting us at the alter and we waited there for a moment or two. Then when sister-in-law R started reciting the first reading, I started bawling. I didn't think I'd cry, and the Fiance was the one who teared up during the rehearsal, but it was the opposite during the wedding. And then during the blessing of the rings I started bawling again. And the other snafu happened when I waited too long to respond to one of the questions asked by Fr. Tom. Otherwise the wedding was perfect! Everyone looked fabulous. His groomsmen were handsome and distinguished. My bridesmaids were beautiful. And my best friend, T, (a Maid of Honor) was able to make it from France, which really meant a lot.


The reception was great! We had a High Tea reception at a historic bed and breakfast. It was too early to have a sit down dinner, and a high tea was such a fun idea! The food was so good, and the cake was delicious. We fed each other cake, and no mess was made. That was a very good thing, because I would have hated to file for divorce on the same day we signed the marriage certificate. ;) The Matron of Honor, JB, gave such a fantastic speech that we were both bawling. One of the Maids of Honor, J, gave a wonderful speech also, and again we were in tears. I have such wonderful friends!



The after party was so much fun, and JB and Li'l B went to so much trouble to make it fabulous. The theme was the one I originally had for the reception. They hung Chinese lanterns, had Chinese food, red velvet cupcakes, tea lights, lots of booze, Nice Save playing live. It was so much fun! The Husband (my husband!) sang Takin' Care of Business, and was HOT! Nice Save worked really hard and practiced a lot so they could play their best for us, and they totally did. We stayed until really late (for a wedding night).

There was some trouble with several of our guest's flights. Maid of Honor, J, was delayed by 8 hours and they lost her luggage. Her dress was in her suitcase, so on the morning of the wedding she had to go to the mall to find a new dress. Thank God I let the bridesmaids pick their own dresses otherwise we'd have been screwed. Anyway, she found a nice dress, and it was on sale. So now she has two nice little black dresses. So it was for the best.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congratulations!! You looked so beautiful & so happy at the wedding. I am just glad I was able to be a part of it all.