Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Damn Dreams

I just found out about the symbolism of a dream I had last night. I was there with both of my parents and we were still living in our house in North Carolina. For those of you who know me, you'll know that this is a nightmare in and of itself. But it gets better. HE, and you know who he is, was holding a puppy and playing with it, and when she started to pee, he handed her to me. I made some comment about "sure give her to me to take care of when making a mess, and you take her when she's fun". He then laughs and says, "okay, I'll train her where to go." He takes her from me, and takes her to my room scolds her and says, "you potty here, not on Daddy" and laughs. He then spanks her bottom to scold her. I pick her up and we have an argument about inappropriate behavior with the dog, confusing her and that it isn't funny or a joke to teach her that it's okay to potty in my room or anywhere else in the house. He blows up and we end up shouting, as we had done in real life, and Mama jumps in to say that it wasn't really a funny joke and that he shouldn't do it again and that we should stop yelling because it wasn't that serious a problem. He then decides he has a headache and goes to bed, and we of course have to be quiet from now on to let him rest. And somehow, I have three sisters. One has her own place somewhere, school or something, and the other two live at home. I got the impression that the sister who was out of the house was becoming a Daddy's girl because he's buy her things and she no longer had to deal with hardly at all. One of the sisters at home basically stayed out of the way and didn't make waves, and the other one was a total Daddy's girl who would side with him on everything and continue the fight after it was finished. I was the only one fed up with him and how he treated "us" and "our" mother, and so I was the only one willing to fight with him, and so, of course, he targeted me. Actually, the passive sister hated the treatment we were all subjected to, but would hide until the coast was clear and never talk about it openly. So, after he goes to bed, Mama gets back to doing chores around the house with a final, "let it go" to me, and then Daddy's girl and I got into it about the fight I'd had with him. She's telling me he's right, it was a joke, I should lighten up on him, I'm such a Mama's girl, what's my problem. And I'm telling her he's an abusive asshole, and she should grow up and smell the bullshit around us instead of pretending it was mud and playing with it. I remember that part rather clearly. Then the dogs are outside and Mama's dog is a huge mastiff sized yellow lab that was profoundly stupid and slobbery but very loving, and he was called "Cuddles". Some of the older neighborhood boys were playing with him and asked me what sort of name was Cuddles for a big dog, and I laughed. Then I see that there were flames coming out from under the house and at that moment one of my "sisters" comes running up to me and is shouting, "fire!" So Mama tries to get everyone out including the dogs who are now running around all over the place. Everyone is running around and yelling at Dad to get up and take care of it. He sort of grunts and rolls over. Flames are now coming up outside the windows and I am grabbing dogs and putting them in the car away from the house so they are safe and out of the way. As I am doing this the "Daddy's Girl" sister comes up to me and tells me to stop messing with the dogs and grab the important things. Of course my response was that the dogs were the most important things, and what else should I save as more important? Papers, pictures? Etc. Then I carry on. Finally he gets up and goes down stairs to look at the now inferno and throws some water on part of it, and the wind picks up and puts out part of it, and the water puts out the rest. He grunts and returns to bed. Then Mama tells me that it was a really great idea to put the dogs in the car to keep the dogs safe and out of the way. Then we all start to notice the wind is really picking up. I let the dogs out of the car and back into the house. As I do so I hear a radio warning for tornadoes in my area specifically, and I look up to see one headed my way. So we all run inside and watch the destruction. Thankfully it doesn't hit our house, but it hits other houses nearby that are empty. As I'm watching, I see it move off and be joined by another tornado from the other side and they both travel together and are joined by three others. As the come together they remain separate, but move together as one tornado, twisting around each other and moving up and down. I just stand there watching them. And then I woke up feeling stressed out and anxious.

Damn dreams. I'm not so much into symbolism when I'm awake, so why can't I just read myself a dialogue and come out with it in plain English?

No comments: