Friday, June 30, 2006

Fun and Nightmares

I had a great day at work yesterday. Dave came in and saw the first model I was developing, and it wasn't what we wanted. It was interesting, but it wasn't going to start flashing so we figured out some parameters to alter to get the kind of star we need. I then "grew" one. I have more of them to make today. I really like this part. It's not hard, and it's rather fun to see it coming together.

The party last night was cancelled. So we went to see X3: The Last Stand. The first two movies were much better, but this one was okay. The teasing bits at the end were the most interesting parts.

Ying gave Annie her birthday present early since we will be in LA for her birthday tomorrow. He bought her a guitar! She was so excited. She has been wanting to get one for a while. She knows a few songs, but is slow on the chord transitions, or so she says. What little she did play sounded nice to me. I guess that's like when I play a small bit on the piano horribly, but to someone who doesn't know it sounds lovely. :) Gotta love that about music.

I had 3 nights free of nightmares; two nights without dreams, and one night with good dreams. Then last night I had nightmares again. I was dreaming that my parents were still together, and Dad was just an ominous background figure, doing nothing but watching tv and preaching at us from his computer desk. Sounds about normal for his least violent and least menacing moods. And I was getting ready to go to LLNL for the summer and Brandy was dying. And it looked sometimes like she was fine, but other times she was very sick. It was two days before I was to leave and it was clear she was going to live for a while past me leaving, but certainly not until I could return. And so I was upset about leaving her knowing she would die in my absence. And crying. Sobbing. Hysterical. And all the while Mama telling me I did my best for her, that she knew I loved her, and that I had to do what I needed to do. And the last part I remember was me looking at Brandy, and knowing she was going to die, and being helpless to change it, and her looking at me, wanting my attention. My roommate came in then, telling me I had to wake up so we wouldn't be late for work. I was awake then, and felt like I'd been crying, and my eyes were swollen, but there were no dried tears, so I guess I didn't.

No comments: