Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Third Posting from Cali! (still nothing new comes to mind)

Why is it I suddenly can't sleep? Is it the nightmares? Maybe. They weren't SO bad, but they were very stressful. Too close to reality. Maybe I just slept too much over the past few days while in the depth of my depression. I'm still exhausted, though.

I am feeling better, though. I talked to Mama and she told me to get a movie and some chocolate. And J called. We chatted about our similar depression issues. We chatted about boys and how wonderful and stupid they can be. She said Pride and Prejudice was an awesome movie for helping put life in perspective. The bad guys get their comeupance and the good guys have happy endings. Always a good thing. I can say that I wish life were like that, but I rather think it is. I've seen the things that happen to people who hurt others to feel better about themselves. They are miserable their whole lives and never get whatever it is they need to be happy, regardless of the successes they achieve. I can't really think of a worse fate than that. On the other hand, good people don't necessarily get the good things they deserve. Well... Maybe they do, but they seem to get more than their fair share of excrement in life, too. (See how PC I'm being? I didn't say they get fucked too often. Oops. Damn.) Now I'm being philosophical. Time to start drinking.

Anyway. Last night I went out and got a movie (okay two) and some chocolate. And we stopped by and got a carton of ice cream. Oh, Heaven! We had some while we watched the movie. It was sooooo much fun. I got to do some crochet also. So I was feeling a lot better.

Mama had her second interview this morning. It's down to her and one other applicant. Even if she doesn't get this one she has gained a lot of confidence about her hireability. She knows she can get the sort of job she wants. She just has to keep trying and be confident. I do hope she gets this one, though, so she can stop looking. But it may be as much a pain in the butt to have this job as to keep looking and find one with someone more laid back. But the person is calling the references now. I think Mama probably has the best references. Her references can speak about her interpersonal skills, and her quick learning ability, and how she then becomes expert enough to teach others, and how smart she is. And if that's not perfect for any employer, then I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Saria_Gates said...

So, you're the one who's been keeping me up at night! Hehe. I'm glad you're feeling better, but the fact that you're having nightmares worries me. I hope they go away soon. I just thought I'd check this spot and I realized that there are so many posts that I have to read! Someone has been doing a lot of thinking lately. Congrats again to your Mom! :)