Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Last Day of Vacay


Day 5 (Tues 4 July):
We woke up and went straight out to Newport Beach and sat out. It was heaven! We laid there reading and sunning ourselves. Heaven. Then came the long car ride home. I got hit on by a trucker. He was nice about it though. We stopped at Livermore and showered before hitting the road again to go to Berkeley. We were supposed to meet up with some of the other interns to watch the fireworks over San Francisco, Berkeley, and Oakland. We ended up mountain climbing. It took forever to find them, and really the only one we found we Hunter, and of course he and Lauren went off to make out under the fireworks. :) Good for her. Annie had worn heels. and the rest of us had worn flip flops. We ended up having to climb back up the hill we were sitting on after having slipped halfway down during the show. Annie took off her heels and did a good job of getting up there, and Monica made it after a few slips. Ying had to help me up, and I did take my flip flops off. I had so many splinters in my feet, it was awful. Poor Ying gave Annie his shoes to walk the trail in, and he hurt his feet on the rocks. We eventually made it back to the car and went to Ying's apartment. His roommate found a pair of tweezers for me to use to try to get out as many of the thorns and splinters as I could. Some were blond and hard to find and get out. But I got all of them out but one. Good enough. We went home and I conked out.

No comments: