Thursday, July 13, 2006

An Okay Day. Need more ice cream.

I successfully prayed today. For some reason, when you really need to pray is when it's the hardest thing to do. I did, and I do feel better. I dreamt that Mama got me another border collie pup, and she spent a lot of time trying to find one that had similar markings to Brandy. Kelsey was thrilled to be a doggie-mama. The pup played hide and seek with me. She would hide, and then when I called to her she would come out tail wagging to find me. Good dream. I did laundry today, and cleaned up the living room. Lauren cleaned up the kitchen and bathroom. We now have a nice clean apartment. I then went into work, and got some stuff done, but not enough to satisfy me. I will just do more tomorrow. I did make progress on my derivation. I think I'm almost done. On the way home, I had to wait 50 minutes for the bus. It's supposed to come every 15 minutes, but I guess something went wrong. As I was waiting I started thinking about Brandy and remembering the little dot on her forehead that I used to rub. She loved that. I wanted to reach out to her and rub it, but of course she's not here anymore. And then I started remembering her final minutes. So before I could start sobbing loudly I called Mama to distract myself. I know Brandy wouldn't want me to grieve so, but she was such a blessing and a daily comfort. It's hard to let go of someone who was in your thoughts and actions everyday for so long. But her spirit is with me. I love you, my Girl.

No comments: