Sunday, July 09, 2006

Vacay, Installment 2

Day 4 (Monday July 3):
So during the night Doug and Monica made out. They were both on the bed with Annie and me. I awoke around 5am, and Annie had moved to the floor with Ying, and so I was alone in the bed with Doug and Monica. I got up to go to the bathroom, and when I came back, I noticed there was movement under the covers. So I go back into bed and willed myself to be asleep. The make-out session continued, and I considered my options. I really didn't want to make a big deal about it, on the other hand, I was praying they wouldn't go any farther. The next time I awoke, Zach was gone, and so was Monica, and Annie and Ying were ready to go out looking for the Hollywood sign. Lauren and I were not ready to move. We were both so tired from the hectic schedule that we both cried off from the morning's excursion. Lauren got into the bed, and she, Doug, and I slept a bit longer. Then we got up and went for a truly refreshing dip in the pool and then sat out sunning ourselves. It was SO nice and refreshing and relaxing. True vacation time. Then we got everybody else up and checked out. We all went to lunch at Mel's, which is famous for some reason. I think it has to do with the movie American Graffiti. I didn't care enough to check it out. Doug's super HOT model friend Ryan came to hang out with us for lunch. He said he'd eaten already, but Annie and Ying think he never eats. He may only eat totally healthy stuff that has like, no calories. And since he works out, his metabolism is pretty high. He has the body to prove it. The man is H-O-T, HOT! Lauren and I considered going to the water park with Doug, Brian, Donna, and Ryan, but decided we wanted to go shopping, and since that was on Annie's list of to-do's we went with them. Things had been a bit tense about keeping up the itinerary, so we were thinking it might be more fun to go with the others. It ended up being impossible to meet up with them. So along the way Annie says we probably won't have time to go to the shopping area, because she had more things she wanted to see. Lauren asked about directions to the shopping place, and a fight ensued. *sigh* Lauren and I had talked about how maybe we could still get in an hour or so of shopping if we finished up with the Groman's souvenir shopping and went straight there, and then went to the Universal Studios where Annie wanted to go. Annie took that as us ditching her plans to do what we wanted to do without consideration to her desires as well. We aren't sure of where to find the exact block to get to the fashion district, so we went straight to Universal. Lauren and Annie tried to work things out while Ying and I went looking around. There were so many shops in there. It was nothing like I had expected. We went to a silver jewellers shop, and I got something for Mama and Ying got something for Annie. When Annie and Lauren rejoined us, nothing was resolved. So we split into two groups. Lauren and I went shopping and found some awesome things, while Annie and Ying went down to the Studio portion. Things got smoothed out somehow. I think Annie talked to Ying, and he helped her see that maybe we weren't trying to be selfish and upset her plans. So that was good. We then headed over to Zach's place. We picked up some Mexican food, and rented a movie. We got Half Baked with Harland Williams. They wanted to see the movie because at SkyBar, they had seen him and had their picture taken with him. I was not impressed. I really REALLY don't care about celebrities. They are normal messed up people like everyone else and are no more and no less deserving of respect and attention than the next person. Anyway. The movie was really stupid, and I really wasn't awake for the last bit. I tried to stay awake, but it was just too hard. Lauren passed out almost immediately, and Annie fell asleep on Ying. Oh, and guess you called me throughout the day. Yep, sex crazed Simon. I slept through the night without dreams of any sort.

No comments: