Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Productive & No Depression

So I wore my contacts today. It was wonderful. I feel so much better wearing them that I know I look more confident and behave more confidently and people respond to this. I caught four guys checking me out today. Nothing crude. They just looked, and in two cases turned their heads to keep looking. And I smiled at them and they smiled in return. Not predatory smiles, shy ones, nice ones. Asking nothing of me. I was quite happy with that.

I found out why I wasn't able to submit jobs, and now that that's fixed I was able to submit a few runs. I found out why I wasn't seeing any thermal pulses, and am now seeing some. Nice. Productive. We had the HEDP lunch BBQ today. Food was only okay, but the company was good. Scott and JC were at the table where I sat. I knew a few other people, but not enough to sit with them. We had good conversation and talked the nerd talk. :) Gotta love brainiacs.

I seem to have volunteered for another project also. It's pretty interesting so I'm not complaining, and it should result in a publication. So essentially I have three projects going at once. I may be a bit too ambitious, but why not try?

I have been in good spirits all day. Yay! I got a package from home. I didn't sob in public this time, so that's progress. Mama sent a funny movie called "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum". It's one of my favorites. She sent a furry little cuddly rabbit doll. It's so soft! She sent hot cocoa, which is really wonderful, but it's a bit too hot for that here. Ah well. She also sent an adorable night shirt, which I am wearing, it says LOVE. Pretty. She also sent a rather sexy shirt. It's rather low cut so I may need some of that toupee tape the movie stars use. Haha. Okay, it's not quite that revealing. But almost. She also sent a nice card that was really sweet and my credit card from Express. Time for shopping! Not really. Although there is an incredibly massive shoe sale at Lohman's. Hmmm.... :)

No comments: